Footloose and Gluten Free - a roundup of GF options in McKinney
If you have celiac disease, a non-celiac gluten sensitivity, or are just trying to eat cleaner, you know it can often be challenging to eat out. Which is a shame because McKinney has so many amazing restaurants to enjoy! So we have done some of the leg work for you! Read on for gluten free options at a variety of restaurants around town. From apps and mains to sides and dessert, and even GF beer (cheers!) you'll find some yummy options in this GF guide.
(Note, that many of these restaurants change menus seasonally so be sure to call ahead and ask, if you have your heart set on a certain item)
Hat Creek Burger Company
- Freshly sliced pickles dipped in a perfectly seasoned, gluten-free flour, fried in their special gluten-free fryer at the perfect temperature to give the pickles a perfect crunch.
- The Chicken Flashers are the perfectly sized chicken nugget for both parents and kids. The gluten-free flour is coated on the chicken before being dropped into the gluten-free fryer.
- Both the sweet potato fries and the regular fries are fried in the gluten-free fryer for the perfect amount of time to ensure they are not too crispy and not too flimsy.
Zin Zen Wine Bistro
- Zin Zen is able to prepare all flatbreads with gluten free crust. There are 6 flatbread options on the lunch menu and 7 on the dinner menu...AND 1 even on the brunch menu!
- They are able to prepare all sandwiches with gluten free bread and they have gluten free crackers for the meat and cheese board.
- Don't forget dessert! Lava Cake and Crême Brûlée.
McKinney Coffee Company
- Gluten Free Brownies
- Gluten Free Bun Can Be Used for Any Freshly Made Sandwich
- Fresh Fruit on Display Daily
- All of our coffees and specialty coffee drinks are gluten free by nature
Patina Green Home and Market
- House-made Gluten Free Bread . . . the sandwiches on their lunch menu can be prepared on the signature house-made gluten free bread. Sandwich menu changes daily. Check the website each morning! http://www.patinagreenhomeandmarket.com/lunch
- Gluten Free Honey Pound Cake, otherwise known as crack cake. Using a custom made gluten free flour blend, local honey, and then coated in dark chocolate and edible florals. The Friday treat!
- The "No. G" Brownie . . . still the original gangster brownie, made in house using gluten free flour. Nut free!
- All three items listed above are made from scratch and are original PGHM recipes. The house salad is also gluten free, as well as a few side salads. Patina Green also carry products from Hail Merry, a gluten free snack line made in Dallas.
- Gluten free bread is available for any of the delicious Sandwiches.
- Butchered Spud: a fully loaded baked potato with butter, Chipotle doilies cream, melted cheese, and your choice of meat with their house made BBQ sauce
- Don’t forget the Kids! The Corn Dog and Chicken Tenders are GF too
E.J. Wills Gastropub
- Two Gluten Free beers available: Omission IPA, Gluten Free Beer, Widmer Brothers Brewing Co. - Portland OR, & Free and Clear, Gluten Removed Beer, Legal Draft Beer Co. - Arlington, TX
- "Pasta" Delicata: Spiralized Summer Squash Tossed with House Red Sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Artichoke, Sautéed Broccoli, Sliced Zucchini and Asparagus [***Be sure to ask for it without the traditional mushroom accompaniment)
- Gluten free bun available for all burgers and sandwiches.
- With the exception of the waffles, the mushroom sandwich and stuffed mushrooms, the crab cake, or any of the fried chicken dishes, all of the other dishes are naturally gluten free or can be adjusted through use of our gluten free bun. This includes the salmon, pork chop, and steak entrees, the grilled chicken and burger sandwiches, and many of the shared plate/appetizers. E.J. Wills is very conscientious of food sensitivities, allergies, and auto-immune conditions and tries to accommodate every request.
- GF Craft Cookies - Soft and gooey chocolate, chocolate chip with Mexican vanilla drizzle
- Classic Espresso and Tea beverages with GF milk options
- Variety of packaged gluten-free snacks
- Gluten Free bun available for any burger or sandwich
- Pimento Cheese and Chicken Salad
- Monterey Grilled Chicken Breast
- They have grilled fish or shrimp, many salads and vegetables that are GF as well
Great Outdoor Sub Shop
- All of their extensive sandwich menu is available on Gluten free bread. Our GF bread is made by Local Oven.
- They have special utensils and procedures for anyone with a Gluten allergy. There is an upcharge on the GF bread of $2.
Nom Noms Mexican Grill
- Angus Steak & Grilled Chicken Tacos, Soft and Corn Tortilla Options, all available toppings are gluten free!
- Angus Steak & Grilled Chicken Nachos, gluten free topping available!
- Salads and Bowls topped with Angus Steak and Gluten free toppings!
- They have a dedicated fryer to use for gluten free items. They have gluten free ice cream flavors as well! Ask an employee for more details.
- French macarons - all flavors are gluten free!
Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bundtlet - They bake this flavor first to ensure no cross-contamination.
RESTAURANT OWNERS: Want to feature your restaurant's GF options in round 2 of the guide? Email us at email@example.com to request to be included.